Friday, December 7, 2012

Christmas Bazaar's

It has been a great week filled with everything Christmassy!!  I love being here at this time.  I love being so close to the Holy Land.  The Christmas Story always enchanted me as a child with Mary, Joseph and the new baby boy.  I would love to be able to pop over to Bethlehem this Christmas....maybe next year :-)

I have been to 2 bazaars this week.  One at school and one at an Orthodox Church.  It was wonderful.  There were so many goodies and unique crafts there.  I even found the ear rings that I LOVE!  In New Zealand, there was this shop where I used to get all my ear rings for about $12-$15, but here they cost 2JD!!!  That's so cheap - I bought 3 pairs!

School Bazaar

Amazing art work

We loved this stall!!!


This was at the Orthodox Church's Bazaar in Abdoun.  Crazy to think that this event took place about 2 hours from where we are now.



The lovely Kate, Hayden and Lindsey.

For my mum's who both love Santa :)

I never expected Amman to be so Christmassy and I am so glad it is because I love this time of year.  It is cold outside, yet the sun is still shining.  It is just lovely!

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    I am Susie, a Taiwanese student who used to live in Amman! Just bumped into your blog and I am surprised that you both had lived in Taiwan as well!
    Your stories just made me think of my life back in Jordan...How I miss JORDAN!! Looking forward to hearing from more new posts from you!
    and Merry Christmas to you in advance!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Susie,

    Thanks for reading our blog. Where in Taiwan do you live? We live in Kaohsiung. I was there for four years and Robert for three. It is a very special place for us! Merry Christmas to you too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Michelle,

    wow, you both spent quite a long time in Taiwan!! Why did you decide to move to Amman in the end?

    I am living in Taipei, but I used to live in Kaohsiung for half year when I was a high school student. It is really a nice, warm place! :P

    ReplyDelete