Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Souk Jara

Yes, it has been a long time since my last post and how I have missed writing and blogging about this wonderful city and country.  Since my last post, many events have taken me away from the computer.  We have been busy finishing school, planning our summer of travelling all over and moving apartments.  I am now writing this post in the South of France after doing a mammoth trip visiting family across two continents and 4 countries!  It was great to spend time with the people we love.  Now, we are enjoying our own time.  Robert has gone hiking and I have finally got the chance to update this blog.

Back to Amman.

We have been away from the warm city for a month and boy do we both miss it.  I think we mostly miss our friends and the weather.  Amman certainly has the best climate.  Although, I can imagine that right about now, it is very hot!

Before we left, I went to a wonderful little market just off of Rainbow Street called 'Souk Jara'.  It is open on Fridays, but only in the months of June, July and August.  The best time to go here is in the morning when it is reasonably quiet and free from crowds.  I think this place is the perfect spot to buy presents for people back home as there is a nice range of artists, craftsmen and women.  My favourite stall is the Olive Wood stall.  Here, you can buy lovely wooden jewellery and other nic naks.  Here is their website:  http://www.ftehome.com/.  If you are in Jordan or just visiting, I highly recommend this place.  After this blog entry, I will dedicate an entry to their work and shop in Amman.



A lady making flat bread.

I love the colours of the stalls - blue and purple!

1 comment:

  1. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of $250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of $250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius, call/whats-App Contact Number +918929509036 via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

    ReplyDelete