Friday, May 10, 2013

Wadi Mujib - Petra with water!

Wow, wow, wow, wow!  This place blew our minds.  Its natural beauty was unlike anything we had ever seen before.  A truly majestic experience that we would happily repeat.

We started our hike at 8:30am with our fellow hikers; a group of teachers and good friends from school, plus Theron's 70 year old father and his girlfriend.  We all jumped into a jeep which took us to the start of the hike.  The hike started at the Dead Sea which is 410m below sea level.  We climbed for about an hour and the climb was quite steep.  I was pretty slow with my lungs not being at their full capacity, but I managed to do it with a lot of huffing and puffing.  Theron's dad was leading the way - such a fit 70 year old!  Once we were at the top, we started to descend into a canyon and eventually we reached a river.  We then started to walk in the river.

Being in the desert and such a dry country, everyone was amazed at how much water there was.  We all loved  seeing, hearing and feeling the water as there has been such a absence of if in all of our lives recently.

The whole hike was great and we all felt rejuvenated and fresh after it.  If you ever visit Jordan, Mujib is a must!

Thanks Nina for all these pictures!  I couldn't blog without them :-)  You're a honey!

Patrick and Stef, our fellow Canadians.


Off we go!








Water in the desert.


The lovely Nina and Lindsey - such awesome ladies!



Yep, that's where we're going!



We were told strictly to FOLLOW the guide, so I stuck to him like glue!









About to jump down with ropes :-)

Giddy with excitement and nerves!


"Just push, Michelle!  You'll be fine!"



Down safe and sound!

Woohoo!!!  We made it!!!


Phew!












floating down stream!








We had a seriously FUN weekend.  One of the best we've had in Jordan.  It has made us appreciate this country and what it has to offer in terms of its natural beauty.


4 comments:

  1. Wow! Nice pictures!!
    It's my favorite spot in Jordan! I went there twice!!:D

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like so much fun. I'm yet to hike in Wadi Mujib and after seeing your photos I'm super keen now. Jordan really does have a lot of different experiences to offer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. great job you guys! looks beautiful xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of $250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of $250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius, call/whats-App Contact Number +918929509036 via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

    ReplyDelete