Monday, July 16, 2012

Paris, France

Wow, wow, wow wee!  What a city! What a place!  Full of history, people, landmarks, bread, cheese and beauty.

We arrived in the afternoon after a frightful train journey from Antwerp.  It was frightful because I thought I lost my phone (I didn't. Robert had it in his pocket!) and we had a group of very annoying and loud teenage girls sitting behind us.  Thankfully it only lasted 2 hours and we were in Paris where I met my mum.  It was her birthday so it was amazing to spend the day with her in this wonderful city.



We dropped our bags off at the hotel and met Robert's brother, Pierre and our beautiful nieces, Lillian and Sylvia.  Robert's brother and his family have recently moved to Paris to work for the OECD -  an amazing opportunity and an adventure for them. It was brilliant to visit them and see how they have settled in.  As expats, Robert and I both know the benefits and challenges of living aboard and it was great to be able to share our experiences and to learn about Paris from an expats view.


We spent a lot of time in Paris on the Metro.  I loved it!  I loved the signs, the colours, everything! It reminded me of being back in London on the underground.  I felt totally comfortable navigating my way around the Parisian Metro system which was very efficient and mostly clean.  I liked the different seats on different lines.  My favourite was the stripy, colourful seats.








We visited the Eiffel Tower everyday because it was so close to Pierre and Sara's place.  We also visited The Louvre, Musee D'orsay, Champs Elysee, The Arc De Triumph and Notre Dame.  Robert said I was the only girl on the Champs Elysee with a rainbow hat and called me 'The Rainbow of the Champs Elysee' - a very fitting title even if I do say so myself :-)








We also spent our time having fun with our delightful nieces and enjoying coffee, cheese, bread and wine with Sara. One night we all went out for delicious pizza and pasta...mmmm, I can still taste my Pasta Arrabiata....yum!!



Thank you for such a wonderful visit - we loved being with you all :-)

We loved being in Paris!  It was even better because we had family there who we could catch up and chill out with.  It was a special time for us and we can't wait to go back again.

Next stop for Michelle, Belfast, and for Robert, Lille and then Canada.  I have the camera so will keep you updated with my travels.





No comments:

Post a Comment